This is Farfalle Pasta ( known as bow-ties pasta) with red, yellow and orange peppers. What a wonderful combo! So easy and delicious that your guests and family members will be asking for seconds. Our mother, Maria has a talent for cooking up recipes that are just so fabulous!
As kids growing up, she insisted that we ate lots of veggies. A pasta dish every night with a vegetable was normal as our first course. She figured since all the kids in the house loved pasta, it was the only way to get us to eat our vegetables, and it worked! And, now I am following in her shoes.
- 5 Bell Peppers - 2 reds, 2 yellows, 1 orange - chopped
- 1/2 pound of Farfalle Pasta - ( Barilla, DeCecco, or Garofalo )
- 5 garlic cloves - sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
Add garlic slices and chopped peppers together. Add crushed red pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Lower the heat, and cook the peppers for a few minutes, turning often, until they are soften. Taste for salt. Adjust if needed.