Here is a healthy and lighter dish as a substitute recipe for our Mom's risotto. Quinoa with baby peas is basically, an inexpensive high protein grain that has a light and fluffy texture to it. It's a real nice alternative to rice, couscous and even pasta!
This is a healthy dish that all adults and kids will love. Its high in magnesium and iron. And, its GLUTEN FREE! Everyone should really try it this recipe.
Basically, its really good for you. It's very easy to put together, and it's a makes a terrific side dish with any meal. Our families love it! We hope you will too!
Quinoa with Baby Peas
- 1 cup organic Quinoa, (we used pre-washed, no rinsing, Ancient Harvest brand)
- 2 cups All Natural Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and extra for serving
- 1 cup frozen baby sweet peas
- 1/4 cup Italian Prosecco (or white wine)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring to boil, cover and simmer for about 10-12 minutes, or until all liquid has been absorbed.
Stir in the parmigiano reggiano. Mix well and serve with extra parmigiano cheese at the table.
Serves 4 to 6