And, it tastes better than fried chicken cutlets. You could say this is a healthier version for your every day fried chicken cutlets with a twist!
We dipped the chicken cutlets into extra virgin olive oil, then into a simple whole wheat breadcrumb mixture with seasonings. No need for messy frying or grilling. Just bake in the oven for a few minutes and dinner was ready!
We decided to use whole wheat breadcrumbs instead of the plain. It completely changed the texture and the flavor to the chicken, making it more succulent with a hearty taste. The chicken was very tender and super moist on the inside while crispy and crunchy on the outside. Delish! Also, this chicken dish is low in fat and low in calories too, which is great for me! You have to try it!
Simply Baked Chicken
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Rinse chicken cutlets and set aside.
- Place olive oil into a medium bowl.
- In a medium platter, mix all dry ingredients.
- Generously dip each chicken cutlet into the olive oil.
- Then into the breadcrumb mixture, gently pat and cover both sides.
- Place into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees. Bake for 7 minutes. Turn them over.
- Continue to bake for another 7 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken. May have to cook a little more, or a little less.
Enjoy with a side of salad and some veggies.