This is a new and healthy fish recipe from our brother Danny, who also loves to cook and uses fresh ingredients in his recipes as well.
Basa fish, also known as Swai, is a soft tender light fish that is very tasty! These wonderful ingredients actually gets absorbed into the fish while cooking, and its... ohh..so unbelievably good! So fast and easy, less than 15 minutes to make, your whole family will love this!
Basa fish is a relatively inexpensive fish, farm raised in Vietnam. Most people probably have never heard of it, like us! Not commonly found in grocery stores, but can be found in most fish markets. Anyway, this one was a hit!
Danny's Basa Livornese
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic -finely chopped
- 1/2 large onion- chopped
- 5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Lbs. Basa or Swai fish fillets
- 2 ripe tomatoes - diced
- 1 box (9 ounce) of frozen artichoke hearts
- 1/4 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- A handful black olives-pitted
- A handful green olives with pimento
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Italian parsley for garnish
On low heat. Sauté garlic and onion in a deep pan with olive oil for a few minutes, until garlic is golden brown only. Onions will continue to cook slowly along with other ingredients.