A wonderful healthy Quinoa Salad recipe that was inspired by our nephew's girlfriend Allie, who happens to be a nutritionist! Her recipe for this delicious salad includes fresh vegetables such as edamame, bell peppers, zucchini, black olives and red onions in a light lemony vinaigrette.
Studying nutrition, Allie learned you can get more nutrients from eating this Quinoa Salad than you can in taking just one multi-vitamin! The key ingredients in this salad are the lemon and cumin , which gives the tangy and refreshing taste to the salad. This is a quick and easy salad to make all summer long!
Served chilled alone for lunch or at dinner as a side for a complete meal! Everyone will love it! Also, try our other Quinoa recipes under Gluten-Free dishes.
Healthy Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups of Quinoa- cooked, (or one cup uncooked)
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped fresh red bell pepper
- 1 cup of cooked shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup of chopped black olives
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped raw zucchini
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup of fresh Italian flat parsley
- Lemon Juice from 2 whole lemons
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serves 4 -6
Here are some tips:
- The quinoa is best cooked in chicken or vegetable stock; try a low sodium stock for a healthier spin.
- Cumin is used as an anti-inflammatory and is beneficial when taken in orally. It has a very distinct, ethnic taste and is not liked by everyone. However, it definitely adds a kick to this salad!
- The amount of salt, pepper and olive oil can be used according to individual taste and preference.
Enjoy and don't forget to leave us a comment after you've made the recipe!