Here is a fun party dip for this Super Bowl weekend!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip is a delicious way to nosh on as an appetizer while dinner is getting ready. True story: There is a great restaurant Liz, myself, my kids and our entire family absolutely LOVE. It's called Houston's, and they have many restaurants nation wide, and we are lucky to have one right here in our town.
Anyway, every time we eat there, we always order the artichoke and spinach dip served with tortilla chips. It's delicious and very addicting!
So we tried to duplicate the dip. A little bit of this.... and a little of that.... and after a few batches in the making, we think we got pretty close to the one at Houston's. We served it the other night at a dinner party and everyone really loved it! Serve this appetizer dip warm with tortilla chips, sour cream, salsa and maybe a cold beer! Enjoy!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 2 - 10 ounce package Frozen Chopped Spinach- thawed and squeeze out excess liquid.
- 1 - 9 ounce package Frozen Artichoke Hearts -thawed, finely chopped
- 1 cup of light Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano grated cheese
- 1/4 cup sweet onion or green scallion- chopped
- 1 garlic clove- minced
- 1+ 1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- some fresh ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium bowl, mix and blend all the ingredients together.
Pour into a 2 + 1/2 quart baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove and serve immediately.