Growing up, seafood was always on the menu for Friday dinners during the summer months and really most of the year. As a small child, I remember standing by the front door while Mom would go out and pick fresh fish from the back of a red pick-up truck which was filled with crushed ice.
Baked flounder filet oreganata is so light, tasty and so delicious, you will be amazed how moist this fish turns out. We love this recipe and we hope you will too!
Have a great weekend everyone! :)
Baked Flounder Filet Oreganata -Lightened!
- 1 pound fresh flounder filets (about 2 large filets)
- 1 garlic clove- minced
- 1 lemon -juiced
- 3 Tbsp. plain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. grated parmigiana cheese
- 1/4 tsp. organic garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- vegetable cooking spray oil
In a 9 x 6 baking dish, or a 9 x 13 baking dish, spray generously with cooking spray.
Lay the flounder filets into the dish.
Scatter all the dry seasonings, bread crumbs, grated cheese and minced garlic on top of each flounder. Add some sea salt and black pepper on top.Drizzle each flounder with extra virgin olive oil.
Gently pour white wine and 1/2 of a lemon juiced around the fish, not directly on top.
Bake uncovered, for 20 to 22 minutes.
Serves 2 to 4