Artichoke and spinach dip is a delicious way to nosh on as an appetizer while dinner is getting ready.
Artichoke and spinach dip is a warm, gooey and cheesy dip filled with spinach, artichokes hearts, green onions, cheese and mozzarella then baked until cheese is completely melted and heated through. So good, you can't stop eating it.
You may want to re-print this one since the last time I posted.
Anyway, every time we eat there, we always order the artichoke and spinach dip served with tortilla chips. It's delicious and very addicting!
Serve this appetizer dip warm with tortilla chips, sour cream, salsa on the side and maybe a cold beer to go with it! Enjoy!
Baked Artichoke and Spinach Dip
- 1 -10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach- thawed, squeeze out excess liquid.
- 1 - 9 ounce package frozen artichoke hearts -thawed, squeeze excess liquid
- 1/4 cup sweet onion or green scallion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano grated cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1+ 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese- divided
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a food processor or electric hand chopper, finely chop artichokes, garlic and onion.
In a medium bowl, transfer and add salt, spinach, sour cream, mayo and 1 +1/4 cup of mozzarella. Use a fork to blend all the ingredients together. Add fresh black pepper to taste.
Transfer mixture into a 7 x 7 baking dish and spread evenly. Scatter on top with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove and serve immediately.