Three cheese tortellini salad is made with mixed cheese tortellini, artichokes hearts, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and sundried tomatoes. Then marinated with extra-virgin olive oil and fresh cracked pepper. A pasta salad you can make in 10 minutes!
There is so much flavor in the cheese tortellini that you really don't need to add a lot of ingredients in the marinade. And, this salad doesn't need to have any vinegar in it either, at least we didn't need any. Pasta salad is very quick and easy to make, and can be served alone or as a side. Pretty much goes with anything.
Three Cheese Tortellini Salad
- 1 (20 ounce) package Mixed Cheese Tortellini
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen artichokes hearts -defrost, squeeze out excess water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 large sundried tomatoes- chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, and extra
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Add the tortellini and cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
In the meantime, while the pasta is cooking, prepare the rest of ingredients and mix together in a small bowl.
When tortellini are done. Drain and transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl.
Add the rest of the ingredients and gently toss the pasta salad.
Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
You may need to add some extra olive oil because sometimes pasta salads absorb some of the liquid very quickly and you may need to add more to keep the tortellini moist. Best served at room temperature.
Serves 6 to 8