The soup is a simple one made with celery, carrots, sweet potato, tomato, green beans and corn. Then it's simmered for 20 minutes with some vegetable broth and cooked rice. Very EASY!
Enjoy this hearty vegetable and rice soup. From our table to yours... Bon Appetite!
Hearty Vegetable Rice Soup
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion - peeled, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves- sliced
- 3 carrots- peeled, chopped
- 2 celery stalks - chopped
- 1 ripe tomato - chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups green beans - steamed, chopped
- 1 sweet potato- peeled, chopped
- 32 ounces All Natural vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1+ 1/2 cups already cooked rice
- salt and black pepper to taste
In a large soup pot, heat olive oil.
Add chopped onion and garlic cloves.
Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
Add vegetable stock, water, and all the vegetables. Cover.
Cook or steam some rice in a separate pot.
Bring soup to a low boil.
Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
Add in the cooked rice, about 5 minutes before turning off the heat.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.